Sunday, July 26, 2020

A fresh start..

Hello!

Having had numerous false starts with layouts over the last 10 or so years, the modelling bug has come back in full swing. As of late I've researched extensively victorian railways branchlines that have long closed. 

With an ambition to one day build a permanent home layout that reflects a typical 3 or 4 track station and yard, I'd decided to utilise an old module I had kept over the years instead. This is solely for trying out many new techniques i hadn't tried in the past. Progress has started with building on the module and turning it into a picture frame style micro layout with an extended fiddle yard traverser.

The layout is to replicate a country siding that serves a wool/chaff/fertiliser shed ( I haven't decided) in dismay. Building of the structure has commenced. I'd decided to wind back the era I'm modelling from the early 70s to the late 1950's and early 60's. With the arrival of some steam trains being produced in the future, this era will be much more achievable to model.

Till next time...
Cheers, 
Alex. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A fresh start..

Hello! Having had numerous false starts with layouts over the last 10 or so years, the modelling bug has come back in full swing. As of late...